Tuesday, July 17, 2007

One of those days

So far it's been one of those days- where you feel semi-motivated to get up and complete housework, but an overwhelming sense of laziness comes over you and you eventually succumb. I was finally coaxed off the couch after my two year old, S., spilled milk (out of her sippy cup, even) onto the floor. At that point I figured it was probably a good time to get up and be about something- anything. So I did dishes, next is laundry, and in between those two tasks I will be working on a baby sweater I'm making for a friend of mine. The pattern is from the book "Chic knits for stylish babies" by Patricia Wagner- super cute baby patterns! I'll post a pic when I get further along, I've just gotten to shaping the armholes for the front. I'm also working on a pair of socks for my sister. I've got a few inches left on the first sock to go, so it should be done in a few days and then I can get working on the second one. At some point today I'll get the girls out of the house, to stave off cabin fever. But right now I don't think they mind being stuck in the house. They're watching Flushed Away, which I surprisingly thought was actually a very cute movie. The one they're watching is a rental, but we may just have to buy it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We all have days that we can't seem to be motivated to do much of anything. I've never seen this Chic Knits for Stylish Babies book - It sounds really interesting. I can't wait to see what you make from it.